Expanded in-person services
Praise Cathedral Worship Centre has re-opened to expanded in-person services. The Province of Ontario has loosened some COVID-19 safety protocols as the Omicron wave of infections continues to subside. Safety still comes first. My mission continues to work with our congregation and our church team to do everything within our collective power to keep everyone safe and healthy. Please keep yourself fully vaccinated. Get a third dose and, whenever it is available and you are eligible, get a fourth dose of the COVID-19 vaccine. This virus can still do serious harm, and even kill.
Now Praise can expand in-person services without asking our congregation to take on unacceptable risks. Praise needs our in-person worshippers to be at no greater risk with our masking, safety and updated social distancing measures than you would be going to a grocery store.
On our web site, when and if we need our pre-registration page for scheduled services and to funerals, we will re-activate it. Important changes are:
- Social distancing has been reduced from six feet (two metres) to two feet (just less than one metre);
- Pre-registration is no longer required;
- You must still wear your face masks.
Bishop Lennox D. Walker
This web page has the latest info
This post is updated regularly. It contains the latest and most accurate information on the Praise worship services. Whatever you may have heard or read, the information on this web page is considered accurate. If you have not received, or read, the most recent Praise e-newsletter, click or tap here.
Donating during worship services
- We encourage you to continue to donate online;
- If you are attending one our in-person services and choose to give otherwise, Praise has a COVID-19 precautionary procedure:
- There will be giving areas set up in the gymnasium for you to give on entering or when you are leaving in the foyer with interact also available.
Attending in-person services
- Praise will have one service each Sunday: at our regular time of 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.;
- Ontario and Peel Region health procedures no longer require Praise to pre-screen our attendees;
- We are permitted to expand our seating capacity while observing reduced physical distancing;
- We will continue streaming our weekly 11:00 a.m. Sunday service on YouTube Live and Facebook if you are not able to attend.
- Online Registration: No longer required. Come to church in-person on Sunday;
- Call the church office: Tuesday to Friday 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. at (905) 828-4870.
When you get to church
To be efficient and maintain a safe experience for everyone, please respect all our volunteers, and follow their instructions: from entering the driveway to leaving the parking lot.
- Face covering (mask, face shield etc) is mandatory to enter the building, and while in service. We are confident we can worship together safely with everyone’s help and cooperation;
- Praise has suspended screening for entry by asking COVID-19 related questions and doing a temperature check.
After the service
We can safely see one another in church, carefully following the capacity, social distancing, and safety rules and guidelines above. Continue to remember to bring and wear your face mask.