Still okay, at 15 percent capacity
Praise Cathedral may continue to receive some in-person worshippers during the current Ontario-wide lockdown, though at 15 percent capacity, about 200 people per service. The surge in COVID-19 cases in Peel Region remains a serious concern as the third wave of infections rises. Nobody has contracted the virus at an in-person Praise service. Peel Region has allowed us to continue in-person services Praise Cathedral on Sundays, carefully observing all safety, distancing and masking protocols. To attend, click or tap the On-Line Registration button below.
We continue our consultations with an Infection Prevention and Control specialist, to remain prepared with a COVID-19 Pandemic Readiness Guide, to ensure we conduct services in the safest way possible. This includes several layers of precautionary measures, which those who have attended will be familiar.
This post is updated at least weekly. It contains the latest and most accurate information on the Praise in-person services. Whatever you may have heard or read, the information on this web page is considered accurate. If you have not received, or read, the March Praise e-newsletter, click or tap here.
Who can attend services?
- Online Registration: Click or tap the button below to register online for each week’s service. The link will be active until 8:00 a.m. each Sunday;
- Call the church office: Tuesday to Friday 10:00 a.m to 3:00 p.m at (905) 828-4870.
- Sunday, April 18, at 11:00 a.m.
- We will have one service each Sunday: at our regular time of 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.;
- The church doors will open at 10:15 a.m. to pre-screen our attendees;
- We are permitted to accommodate only those who pre-register, while adhering to provincial regulations. We are only able to accommodate 15 percent of our seating capacity (about 200 people) while observing physical distancing;
- We will continue streaming our weekly 11:00 a.m. Sunday service on YouTube Live and Facebook if you are not able to attend.
You need to register for each service, each week you wish to attend. Registration will be done on a weekly basis. We know it is inconvenient, but we also know you appreciate Praise taking one cautious step at a time, and erring on the side of safety.
Obviously, if you do pre-register, please attend, and be on time for your service. We need to count the people who come, and keep records.
When you get to church
To be efficient and maintain a safe experience for everyone, please respect all our volunteers, and follow their instructions: from entering the driveway to leaving the parking lot.
- Face covering (mask, face shield etc) is mandatory to enter the building, and while in service. We are confident we can worship together safely with everyone’s help and cooperation;
- Our medical team, or those appointed by them, will screen for entry asking COVID-19 related questions and doing temperature check;
- Your registration to attend service will also be verified: just like a movie theatre.
Donating during worship services
- We encourage you to continue to donate online;
- If you are attending one our in-person services and choose to give otherwise, Praise has a COVID-19 precautionary procedure:
- There will be giving areas set up in the gymnasium for you to give on entering or when you are leaving in the foyer with interact also available.
After the service
We can safely see one another in church, carefully following the capacity, social distancing, and safety rules and guidelines above. Always remember your face mask.