Fourth week: in-person services
Praise Cathedral, we have prayed, we have fasted, we have anticipated and now we are carefully welcoming worshippers back. We have had consultations with an Infection Prevention and Control specialist, who has prepared and provided us with a COVID-19 Pandemic Readiness Guide, to help ensure we reopen in the safest way possible. This includes several layers of precautionary measures, which we have implemented.
This post contains the latest and most accurate information on the Praise in-person services. If there is a discrepancy between what you have heard or read, the information here is considered accurate.
Who can attend services?
- Online Registration: Click or tap the button below to register online. The link will be active until 8:00 a.m. Sunday October 4;
- Call the church office: Tuesday to Friday 10:00 a.m to 3:00 p.m at (905) 828-4870.
- Sunday October 4 at 11:00 a.m.
- We will have one service each Sunday for the next few weeks: at our regular time of 11:00 a.m. to 12:00 noon, with doors opening at 10:15 a.m.;
- We will accommodate those who pre-register, while adhering to provincial regulations. We are only able to accommodate 30 percent of our seating capacity, while observing physical distancing;
- We will continue streaming our weekly 11:00 a.m. Sunday service on YouTube Live and Facebook if you are not able to attend.
You need to register for each service, each week you wish to attend. Registration will be done on a weekly basis. We know it is inconvenient, but we also know you appreciate taking one cautious step at a time, and erring on the side of safety.
Obviously, if you do pre-register, please attend, and be on time for your service. We need to count, and keep records.
When you get to church
To be efficient and maintain a safe experience for everyone, please respect all our volunteers, and follow their instructions: from entering the driveway to leaving the parking lot.
- Face covering (mask, face shield etc) is mandatory to enter the building, and while in service. We are confident we can worship together safely with everyone’s help and cooperation;
- Our medical team, or those appointed by them, will screen for entry asking Covid-19 related questions and doing temperature check;
- Your registration to attend service will also be verified: just like a movie theatre.
Giving during worship services
- We encourage you to continue to donate online;
- If you are attending one our services and choose to give otherwise, Praise has a COVID-19 precautionary procedure:
- There will be giving areas set up in the gymnasium for you to give on entering or when you are leaving in the foyer with interact also available.
After the service
- Praise ushers will direct you to leave your pew, starting from the back and moving to to the front. Take your time;
- Please immediately exit the building using the doors towards the GO Station. This is very important for our first service at 9:00 a.m. because preparations must be made for the second service.
Food Bank changes coming soon
- Weekly food distribution;
- Food delivery (Brampton and Mississauga);
- Community Outreach Day where we will distribute food from a location within the community.
We are looking for volunteers to make this possible. Please click or tap the button below, and complete form to volunteer.
For more information please e-mail Evon Smith or phone (647) 668-6512.
My brothers and sisters, I know we are still living in unprecedented times, but we serve a God who will work during unprecedented times to call us to unprecedented faith. Remember when God stands up in this storm, it will have no choice but to be still. “Then He arose and rebuked the wind, and said to the sea, “Peace, be still!” And the wind ceased and there was a great calm.” Mark 4:39
I am looking forward to see you soon.
Bishop Lennox D. Walker