Cautiously re-opening Praise Cathedral
Praise Cathedral Worship Centre Sunday services remains open (since mid-June) for in-person attendance, with a capacity limit of 25 percent of the church. The weekly 11:00 a.m. service remains live-streamed on our YouTube channel PCWC Live, and on the Praise Facebook page. As with our previous re-opening, the church capacity will remain at 25 percent for the time being. With more than 70 percent of Ontarians now fully-vaccinated, we have reasons to be optimistic about a return to something we remember as ‘normal,’ despite the worrisome and contagious delta variant.
Thank you for your steadfast faithfulness to your church, and your continuing generosity to help keep our congregation going. It says so much about your commitment to God. I have complete trust that our God will see us through this difficult season.
Let us trust the peace of Jesus Christ: “Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.” John 14:27 KJV
Bishop Lennox D. Walker
Keep viewing this web site
This post is updated regularly. It contains the latest and most accurate information on the Praise worship services. Whatever you may have heard or read, the information on this web page is considered accurate. If you have not received, or read, the most recent Praise e-newsletter, click or tap here.
Donating during worship services
- We encourage you to continue to donate online;
- If you are attending one our in-person services and choose to give otherwise, Praise has a COVID-19 precautionary procedure:
- There will be giving areas set up in the gymnasium for you to give on entering or when you are leaving in the foyer with interact also available.
Attending in-person services
- We will have one service each Sunday: at our regular time of 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.;
- The church doors will open at 10:15 a.m. to pre-screen our attendees;
- We are permitted to accommodate only those who pre-register, while adhering to provincial regulations. We are only able to accommodate 25 percent of our seating capacity (about 200 people) while observing physical distancing;
- We will continue streaming our weekly 11:00 a.m. Sunday service on YouTube Live and Facebook if you are not able to attend.
- Online Registration: Click or tap the button below to register online for each week’s service. The link will be active until 8:00 a.m. each Sunday once in-person services resume;
- Call the church office: Tuesday to Friday 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. at (905) 828-4870.
You need to register for each service, each week you wish to attend. Registration will be done on a weekly basis. We know it is inconvenient, but we also know you appreciate Praise taking one cautious step at a time, and erring on the side of safety.
Obviously, if you do pre-register, please attend, and be on time for your service. We need to count the people who come, and keep records.
When you get to church
To be efficient and maintain a safe experience for everyone, please respect all our volunteers, and follow their instructions: from entering the driveway to leaving the parking lot.
- Face covering (mask, face shield etc) is mandatory to enter the building, and while in service. We are confident we can worship together safely with everyone’s help and cooperation;
- Our medical team, or those appointed by them, will screen for entry asking COVID-19 related questions and doing temperature check;
- Your registration to attend service will also be verified: just like a movie theatre.
After the service
We can safely see one another in church, carefully following the capacity, social distancing, and safety rules and guidelines above. Always remember your face mask.