Father’s Day 2021
Happy Father’s Day!
On this 2021 Father’s Day, we wanted to take a moment to offer some words of encouragement and appreciation to all our fathers. What a startling challenge it is in this world we live? It seems like outside the church perimeters there is a relentless attack on men and fatherhood in countless ways. Even though there are so many remarkable dads in your congregation, there are also people who are:
- Struggling with the desire to become a father;
- Stepping up to fill the role of a father in the lives of other people’s children;
- Dealing with the loss of a father in their lives either through death, absence, or a strained relationship.
However, here at Praise Cathedral, we want you to know that we honour you and pray for you, not only on this day, but throughout the year.
- The Ones Who Are Fathers: You are staying in the game with children of your own. We salute you.
- The Ones Who Stepped Up: You have stepped in to take care of and play a fatherly role for the children who are not yours (stepfathers, grandfathers, uncles, older brothers, foster dads, etc.). We appreciate you.
- The Ones Who Are Grieving: You may be grieving the loss of a father, navigating a strained relationship with your own father, or piloting a life lived with an absentee father. We take the journey with you.
- Those Ones Who Want to Be Fathers: You long to be fathers of your own but for some reason, it has not become a reality in their lives yet. We pray with you and intercede for you
Bishop Lennox Walker