Father’s Day 2022
Happy Father’s Day!
According to Justin Ricklefs, “The power of a dad in a child’s life is unmatched.” Unmatched, because there is no comparison; the father is the spiritual head of the family, raising children in the ways of our good Lord, emulating the meekness demonstrated to him by God. My brothers, fatherhood was one of the first roles God gave men. Immediately after creating Adam and Eve, God instructed them to “be fruitful and multiply” (Genesis 1:28).
Godly fathers understand the assignment that was given to them hence they carry out this task by:
- Knowing God;
- Loving and honouring their wives;
- Accepting responsibility for their children’s spiritual training;
- Continually be aware of their influence;
- Modelling selfless service;
- Being consistent;
- Disciplining their children appropriately;
- Not allowing themselves to be controlled by outside influences;
- Being a man under the authority of God;
- Leading by example.
For these reasons, today and every day we celebrate the fathers of Praise Cathedral for the tremendous responsibilities you have, responding to the mandate of raising godly children.
As a church, we would also like to acknowledge our brothers who are father figures, or mentors, who have touched the lives of many by investing their time, their resources, their energy, and their prayers. We appreciate your existence and the oftentimes silent but impactful role you play in their lives.
We can never repay you and will forever be indebted to you, but on this day, we pause to say:
- We love and appreciate you;
- You have made our lives so much better;
- Thank you for all the ways you go above and beyond every day;
- We are blessed to have you in our lives;
- You are our hero.
Happy Father’s Day!
Add a greeting to a special father
Use the Praise Cathedral message board at Padlet to add your greeting to your father, or to a special father that you know. Here is how to recognize that special father:
- In the subject line, type your name;
- Write something incredible is where you type your message;
- Click Publish.
Bishop Lennox Walker