PCWC Corona Virus watch
People are looking to their work place, their governments, their institutions, and yes, their church for help and guidance in getting through Canada’s Corona Virus crisis of caution. Praise is part of that set of institutions that bring us together.
How COVID-19 spreads:
Human coronaviruses cause infections of the nose, throat and lungs. They are most commonly spread from an infected person through:
- Respiratory droplets generated when you cough or sneeze;
- Touching something with the virus on it, then touching your mouth, nose or eyes before you thoroughly wash your hands with soap and hot water;
- Close, prolonged personal contact, such as touching or shaking hands.
Symptoms of COVID-19 include a fever; a dry persistent cough; difficulty breathing, and can lead to pneumonia infections affecting both lungs.
Activity at Praise is cancelled
Until you see an announcement that in-church services are back on, all gatherings at Praise are cancelled. Even after the period of avoiding public gatherings, we assume that if you are unwell, you will stay home and not attend services or meetings at Praise, even if you have the sniffles, and whether or not you have been tested for COVID-19.
Be sure everyone in your home self-isolates for two Sundays if you have traveled, or if you even think you are at risk. Once this period passes, and God willing, you are healthy, and do come to Praise, please:
- Sanitize your hands when you enter;
- Limiting personal contact with others (no handshakes, hugs, kisses). Give yourself lots of space in the church for the duration of the time Canada tries to contain and rid itself of the COVID-19 virus;
- Use hand towels to hold bathroom doors;
- Cover coughs and sneezes (as we hope you do anyway);
- Wash your hands with soap and warm water often;
- Once again, please stay home if you are unwell.
Our services at Praise will be live-streamed for all our friends and neighbours. For a while, we all need to stay home through an abundance of caution, and to avoid coming in contact with a virus for which none of us has any ability to resist infection.
Please note that the nursery at Praise will be closed until further notice. However, parents will still be able to access for breastfeeding and diapering.